The Otium at
The Otium, a Latin abstract term – indulging in leisure time in which a person can enjoy
eating, playing, relaxing, contemplation, and academic endeavours.
Nestled within the iconic grounds of Caversham House, we invite you to step into a world where history, luxury, and relaxation converge in perfect harmony. We are thrilled to introduce our newest development, The Otium, an exquisitely renovated, luxury lifestyle home.
A Legacy Reimagined
Once the residence of Caversham House’s original owners the O’ Gar family, Mrs O’ Gar lived in the homestead until 2019 and was then acquired by the Lembo Family the owners of Caversham House. The Otium carries with it a legacy of opulence and charm. The original property has been meticulously renovated, blending seamlessly with modern comforts to create an atmosphere of timeless resort style sophistication.
The Epitome of Luxury
From the moment you arrive, you’ll be enveloped in the magic of The Otium at Caversham House. Enter through beautifully landscaped gardens, relax in the poolside cabana, host your nearest and dearest for an unforgettable BBQ, and picture yourself unwinding in elegantly appointed, light-filled rooms.
Bridal Serenity Awaits
For our cherished bridal couples, The Otium offers more than accommodation; it’s a sanctuary of peace and preparation. Here, you can begin your wedding day with a sense of calm, surrounded by the elegance and tranquillity that only The Otium can provide.
Explore and Discover
Whether you’re here for a romantic escape, a mid-week rejuvenation, a wedding weekend, or a celebration of life’s special moments, The Otium offers a world of possibilities. Explore the European-inspired gardens of Caversham House, indulge at local wineries, visit the numerous Swan Valley attractions, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Luxury, history, and romance await you at The Otium. Begin your experience today.
- A secluded property with Swan Valley rural views
- Walking distance to the Swan River
- Resort-style swimming pool, cabana and lounges
- 70m2 Large theatre and games room, 90 inch TV, Lounges, pool table, poker table, pinball machines, free weights and bench, cocktail tables and fridge/freezer
- A state-of-the-art Argentinian Woodfired BBQ, Beef eater BBQ and Pizza Oven
- Nestled within the ground of the iconic Caversham House
- A short drive from multiple Swan Valley wineries, restaurants, and attractions.
- Caversham House Reception is open from 9am – 3pm, Wednesday to Sunday
- This property has a private entrance, and keypad entry outside of Reception hours
- Please note this property has AI security cameras monitoring the perimeter
- Reverse cycle A/C
- Nespresso coffee machine (10 pods provided)
- Induction stove & electric oven
- LG Thinq Fridge with filted water and ice maker
- Pots, pans, cutlery & glassware
- Iron and ironing board
- Washing machine & clothes dryer
- Bed linen & towels
- 65 Inch TV and lounge room
- Games and Theatre room, 90 inch TV, Foxtel, Lounges, pool table, poker table, pinball machines, free weights and bench, cocktail tables and fridge/freezer
- Argentinian Woodfired BBQ & Beefeater Gas BBQ with utensils
- Outdoor Pizza Oven
- Outdoor dining setting
- Outdoor shower
- Smoke alarm
Configuration & Features
Bedroom & Bathroom Configuration
- Sleeps maximum 8 guests
- Four Bedrooms, all with Queen beds
- 2 x Bathrooms, one with a bath (master ensuite)